Friday, 28 April 2017

Beauty and the Beast

So I've finally seen the new Beauty and the Beast and I wanted to express my views/opinion of it.
 
I had seen a few reviews from different pages I follow on Facebook stating it wasn't very good, Emma Watson wasn't the right actress, she was too English etc but I went in with an open mind.
 
I enjoyed how the film was different but yet so familiar... I was very unsure about the Beast being made up with all the make up and wigs at the beginning of the film. I just didn't gel with it at all. I did like how they added to the back story about how the Prince became a beast right at the beginning of the film. Obviously being the disney fanatic I am I was fully aware of how the beast came to being anyway.
 
As a child and even now I never really questioned where Belle's mother was, the new film cleared that up... I thought it was a brilliant touch how they incoroarated her mother and we got to see what happened and how that day changed Belle and her father's life, maybe that's why they are so close.

I  liked how they changed the ending slightly, instead of last minute Belle kissing the Beast, the petal actually fell to the floor and all the characters were set into their inanimate objects. The best bit being when they all turned back to human that they all had traits from their objects i.e. the gentleman who was the piano had teeth missing like the piano did.
 
I was very unsure about Emma Watson playing Belle, I just don't think she was the best actress for the role. She did an absolutely brilliant job don't get me wrong but I just didn't click with her, I couldn't loose myself in the film. I don't know if it was because the songs she sang were different or if it was because her voice was different or if it was because I'm just so used to the original version. To me she will always be Hermione Granger from Harry Potter.
 
I honestly don't have much to say about Dan Stevens who played the Beast, I'm not clued up on all these special effects and stuff they do on films. He was great though. I'm not sure about the appearance of the Beast, the huge horns put me off a little if I'm honest.
 
I personally thought the actor who played Gaston, Luke Evans, was absolutely spot on (spot on = I hate this quote...my husband always uses it and it has rubbed off on me) anyway.... when I looked at the actor I could immediately tell who he was and I could visualise the original film.
 
There were some funny bits and some sad bits and some edge of your seat bits... I don't want to give too much away incase anyone reading this hasn't seen it yet!
 
I waited to the end of the credits and I did note that Celin Dion sang the song while the credits where rolling which she did for the original film too.
 
It's definitely worth a watch but I personally will be sticking with the original. Nothing can beat an original film....
 
Ive heard that they are thinking of making The Little Mermaid......

*I have added IMDB links for anyone who is unsure of actors/actresses and I have put a link to the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment